As a school we have a commitment to uphold and work within the values and ethos of co-operative schools.
These values are self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
In association these values underpin our ethos which is based on honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
· Offer excellent and very effective Teaching and Learning that makes the classroom a place of high expectations, challenge and progress.
· Inspire students to become independent thinkers who will follow and realise their aspirations.
· See teachers and students as active partners in learning.
· Equip students to contribute to wider society.
· Develop a growth mind-set in all members of the school community.
· Encourage student confidence, self-belief and respect.
· Create an inclusive school community.
· Prepare students for adult life, recognising that learning is lifelong.
· Support and value students’ personal development with sports, drama, music and other extra curricular opportunities
· Develop and appreciate the skills and abilities of all staff.
· Have high expectations of students, staff, parents and carers, fostering effective home-school partnerships.
· Govern the school in an open and transparent way.
CORE VALUES Promoted by our students
Honesty Social responsibility