As of 1st January 2013 we became one of the growing number of co-operative trust schools in the south west and nationally. Thus we have clearly stated our commitment to uphold and work within the values and visions of the schools co-operative society.
These values are self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
In association these values underpin our ethos which is based on honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
SMCC Vision and Aims –03 July 2017
NB Includes Governor and Staff input, and student voice
South Molton Community College is at the centre of our community, providing a happy, welcoming and safe environment, where students enjoy learning and fulfill their potential and where staff enjoy teaching.
· Offer effective Teaching and Learning that makes the classroom a place of high expectations, challenge and progress.
· Inspire students to become independent thinkers who will follow and realise their dreams.
· See teachers and students as active partners in learning.
· Equip students to contribute to wider society.
· Develop a growth mind-set in all members of the school community.
· Encourage student confidence, self-belief and respect.
· Create an inclusive school community.
· Prepare students for adult life, recognising that learning is lifelong.
· Support and value students’ personal development with sports, drama, music and other extra curricular opportunities
· Develop and appreciate the skills and abilities of all staff.
· Have high expectations of students, staff, parents and carers, fostering effective home-school partnerships.
· Govern the school in an open and transparent way.
Our students identified our core values as:
Honesty Social responsibility
We also uphold and work within the values of the schools co-operative society:
self-help, self-responsibility, democracy,
equality and solidarity.