South Molton Community College has been nominated and awarded as a Champion NCS College for 2015/16.
To achieve Champion status, schools and colleges have to meet a number of key criteria in supporting the South West NCS recruitment team showcase the NCS Experience to young people aged 15-17. The status also reflects on the number of young people from within each school or college who grabbed the once in a lifetime opportunity to go on programme in the summer of 2016.
The college has met a range of criteria consisting of, but not exclusive to:
– Allowing NCS to present to students at assemblies or other year group events
– Reinforcing key messages to encourage maximum sign ups and turn ups on programme
– Identifying any students they think would particularly benefit from participation and supporting them to take part
– Facilitating opportunities for NCS hosted activities (e.g. taster evenings & keep warm activities)
– Briefing staff internally about NCS
– Fronting communications to parents and pupils
– Allowing NCS access to parents/careers evenings and other relevant events
– Supporting students with any concerns or worries
– Celebrating the students who have completed NCS and showcase their achievements to other year groups and parents.
Congratulations to all those involved, but in particular to Mr I Jones, Head of Careers.