Values and Ethos
As a school, we have a commitment to uphold and work within the values
and ethos of co-operative schools. These values are self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
In association, these values underpin our ethos which is based on honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
- Offer excellent and very effective Teaching and Learning that makes the classroom a place of high expectations, challenge and progress.
- Inspire students to become independent thinkers who will follow and realise their aspirations.
- See teachers and students as active partners in learning.
- Equip students to contribute to wider society.
- Develop a growth mindset in all members of the school community.
- Encourage student confidence, self-belief and respect.
- Create an inclusive school community.
- Prepare students for adult life, recognising that learning is lifelong.
- Support and value students’ personal development with sports, drama, music and other extra curricular opportunities
- Develop and appreciate the skills and abilities of all staff.
- Have high expectations of students, staff, parents and carers, fostering effective home-school partnerships.
- Govern the school in an open and transparent way.
Core Values Promoted by our students
- Support Respect
- Communication Enthusiasm
- Honesty Social responsibility
- Organisation Persistence
- Opportunities Experiences
- Learning Challenge